I'M LOOKING FOR
An opportunity to lead a brand to its highest potential. Whether a start-up or an established brand looking for a refresh, I enjoy working with a team to make a brand stand out from the competition.
From the brand voice, to its look and feel, and the people behind all the work, I want to lead a strategy that motivates consumers, customers and the internal team to bring the brand to life.
I am a results-driven marketing professional with 11+ years of experience leading creative and memorable marketing initiatives. I am a proactive leader and strategic thinker who leverages customer insights, new technology and relationship building to optimize the customer experience and drive profit.
My interests are centered around the following marketing priciples: brand strategy, integrated marketing development, B2C and B2B marketing, e-commerce & digital strategy, leadership, budget and P&L management, customer intelligence & analytics, qualitative and quantitative research, relationship building and agency management.
I speak 3 languages; French natively, English natively and Spanish with professional working proficiency.
I love the outdoors and spending my free time climbing mountains, sailing, snowboarding and biking among other activities. If my dog can join, that's a huge bonus!
Coming from immigrant parents and being first generation born on North American soil, traveling has always been part of my life. To this date, I’ve been to 36 countries and a goal of mine is to have visited as many countries as I am old!
With todays busy hustle in everyday life, reading provides a great escape at any point in my day. I usually alternate between a good fiction novel and some sort of science non-fiction earthy, spacey animal type of book, sometimes needed one of each going at the same time!
As for music, I’m learning the Ukulele. This is very hard for me as I’ve been told I’m tone def and usually don’t get picked for any karaoke duets! Depending on my mood or the weather, I truly enjoy all types of music from jazz to rock, country to classical and everything in between.
MY VALUES AS A LEADER
As a motivational leader, I like to empower my team to think creatively, speak up with unique ideas and have fun doing their jobs
I excel in establishing the foundation for a brand to take it the next level of its growth. Through consistent messaging, the right partnerships, creative strategies and a motivated team, I have been very successful and instrumental in brand development.
MARKETING MANAGER, HELLY HANSEN
April 2013 - Present
- Create multi-platform marketing strategies which drive sustainable long term sales and profit for the business in both wholesale and retail channels
- Lead strategy, planning and implementation of paid media and advertising channels including search, social, affiliate and new future channels
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product Teams and Customer Operations to fuel growth
- Drive fresh, creative thinking across channels leading to big ideas and partnerships
- Establish relationships with key partners, retailers and agencies to drive our Marketing strategy
- Allocate and manage budget to maximize effectiveness across multiple channels and categories
- Responsible for hire, growth and development of marketing talent/team
- Experience leading and working with international and multi-cultural teams
BRAND MANAGER, BURTON SNOWBOARDS
January 2012 - March 2013
- Led all strategic initiatives for Special Blend, Forum and Foursquare
- Execution of all marketing direction for the 3 brands
- Branding and directional strategy for all product marketing
- Financial Responsibility including all reporting and approval of multimillion dollar budget
- Negotiated and directed all outside marketing contracts and relationships
- Coordinated all global marketing efforts with sales, product, and team marketing
MARKETING COORDINATOR, BURTON SNOWBOARDS
May 2009 - January 2012
- Manage timelines and budgets for execution of all marketing collateral
- Work with Sales, Team, Distribution and Product on marketing collateral
- Create Retail Marketing POP and shop programs
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - BBDO NY
October 2006 - August 2008
New Balance Athletic Footwear - Launching a new global brand campaign, inclusive of a new logo and graphic identity, through integrated TV, Print, Out Of Home, Online, PR, Event, Retail and In-Store channels
"In my time working with Damien at Helly Hansen, he led a rejuvenated marketing campaign and exceptional growth for the Canadian business."
Graham Gephart - Director of Marketing at Evo
PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY
2001 - 2005
- Bachelor of Science - International Marketing
- Minor in International Business
- Minor in Spanish
UNIVERSIDAD DE SEVILLA
2004 - 8 Month Study Abroad
Marketing, Spanish and European Marketing Strategies
- All Classes taught in Spanish
THE SKIP YOWELL FUTURE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY - CLASS 3
An immersive leadership experience for the next generation of outdoor industry ambassadors and game-changers created by the Outdoor Industry Association.
I look forward to hearing from you